Chapter 6 - Other Water Activities
At the end of this chapter, the successful student will be able to:
- Identify the unique operational characteristics of a personal watercraft (PWC) including steering, stopping, stability and reserve fuel tank.
- Identify the PWC load capacity.
- Understand how to re-board a PWC.
- Understand the purpose and use of a lanyard/cut-off switch.
- Understand the laws and regulations specific to PWCs.
- Understand accident prevention, noise control and hours of operation for PWCs.
- Understand the procedures for pulling water skiers or other towed devices and operating in the area of these activities.
- Identify a diver-down flag and the legal requirements for operating a boat in the area of snorkeling or scuba diving activities.
- Understand the accident risks for people who hunt or fish from their boat.
- Understand the accident risks for paddlers and rowers.