Chapter 5 - Emergency Preparedness
At the end of this chapter, the successful student will be able to:
- Discuss when and how assistance is given to a boat in distress.
- Understand how to prevent and respond to capsizing emergencies.
- Understand how to prevent and respond to falls overboard emergencies.
- Describe the dangers, prevention and symptoms of cold water immersion and hypothermia.
- Understand when and how to use a fire extinguisher
- Understand basic fire suppression principles.
- Understand how to avoid and respond to running aground.