Chapter 4 - Safe Boat Operation
At the end of this chapter, the successful student will be able to:
- Describe the boat operator's ultimate responsibility for the safety and activity aboard their boat.
- Understand homeland security measures.
- Understand the influence of drugs and alcohol on their boating skills and the laws prohibiting their use.
- Understand basic safe boating operation and good seamanship.
- Understand typical navigation rules of the road.
- Identify federal U.S. Aids to Navigation and understand how to use them.
- Understand how to dock and moor their boat.
- Choose the best anchor(s) for their boat.
- Understand the proper and safe use of an anchor.
- Understand the dangers, symptoms, and avoidance practices associated with carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Understand how to prevent injuries caused by motorboat propellers.