Wearing Life Jackets
The main points to remember about life jackets are:
- Select the proper life jacket for each activity. A life jacket for a skier is different than a life jacket for someone who is going deep-sea fishing.
- Wear your life jacket at all times while aboard, skiing, or otherwise being towed
- Select the right size life jacket and wear it.
- Be aware that conditions can change quickly, whether it is the weather or the amount of boat traffic in a particular area.
- Remember that putting on a life jacket while you are stressed is not easy. Once you've fallen in the water, panic sometimes sets in, making staying calm difficult