Chapter 1 - The Boat
At the end of this chapter, the successful student will be able to:
- Identify the terms for the directions on a boat.
- Identify the parts of a boat.
- Determine acceptable loading based on locating and determining a boat's gross load capacity.
- Identify the acceptable horsepower rating for a boat.
- Identify the location of the capacity plate.
- Identify the location of a boat's hull identification number (HIN).
- Understand the meaning of the numbers and letters in a boat's HIN.
- Identify the procedure for registering a boat with the state or for federally documenting a boat with the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Display a boat's registration/identification information correctly.